I'm trying out Bolt for the first time, and already hitting blockers. I went into it with a lot of expectations given the praise and support Bolt gets from Unity itself.
I wanted to apply it to the following, which is just a couple of lines with a custom script:
- take the mesh of an existing object
- modify its vertices
- save the modified mesh as a new asset.
- call that from a context menu without pressing play.
I hit the following blockers:
- seems Bolt code can only run in Play mode
- seems there is no Mesh constructor (forgotten? found the thread about you re-adding that for GameObject)
- can't get the UnityEditor namespace to show up even after adding it manually (for accessing AssetDatabase)
- seems I can't have a ContextMenu event or sth, at least have to build that manually
Am I missing something, or is that about it? (Mesh constructor missing a bug, the rest by design?)
Customer support service by UserEcho