0
Answered

Installation difficulties ... Unity 2017.3.0f1

James Haidle 2 years ago updated 2 years ago 4

Just purchased Bolt, eager to use it.  After import, the Wizard didn't start.  I tried tools>wizard method, received this error:

InvalidOperationException: Trying to access Ludiq product container before it is initialized.
Ludiq.ProductContainer.EnsureInitialized () (at C:/Users/lazlo/Projects/Ludiq/Ludiq.Core/Editor/Products/ProductContainer.cs:94)
Ludiq.ProductContainer.GetProduct (System.String productId) (at C:/Users/lazlo/Projects/Ludiq/Ludiq.Core/Editor/Products/ProductContainer.cs:121)
Bolt.BoltProduct.get_instance () (at C:/Users/lazlo/Projects/Ludiq/Bolt.Core/Editor/BoltProduct.cs:44)
Bolt.BoltProduct.HookSetupWizard () (at C:/Users/lazlo/Projects/Ludiq/Bolt.Core/Editor/BoltProduct.cs:81)

Then I closed Unity and restarted it … tried the tools>wizard again, my scene view moved to a different location, as if it was trying to focus on the UI Canvas, but still no wizard.  Same error.


Please help.

Bolt Version:
Unity Version:
Platform(s):
Scripting Backend:
.NET Version (API Compatibility Level):
GOOD, I'M SATISFIED
Satisfaction mark by James Haidle 2 years ago
Pending Review

Hi James, sorry you're having this issue.

Are you sure your project compiles? Do you get any other warning or error in the console?

Yeah, I sometimes get  warnings and errors, but it runs, so I'm waiting until I "finish" it before I try to compile the whole kit and caboodle.  The main error I have is a Directory Not Found error that repeats over and over for a Morph3D asset.  It really is there, I think I just need to re-import the asset to reset it.

But no, nothing that should affect the installation of Bolt, right.

I'll tell you, my code is a kludge-fest of hodge-podged projects, and the reason I bought Bolt was so that I could get a visual handle of the mess and clean it up.


Answered

I see. I'm sorry you're still having this issue. Unfortunately, if you have a huge amount of third-party plugins in the same project, it's hard for me to tell what could be affecting the initialization order of the Ludiq plugin container, which is what appears to fail here. I know it's a pain, but in such cases, often the only way of figuring out the root cause is disabling / enabling plugins one by one until the culprit is found. Let me know if you think I can give you more information to help you debug!

I see … yeah, I do have a few plug-ins running, and unfortunately I am so far into the project that starting over at this point is unconscionable.  I'll finish this project, then wait to try to use Bolt when I start the next one.  Thank you for your time.