I'm currently looking to reduce the amount of transitions down for states that may have an entry point from various, and potentially, disconnected situations. My idea was to have a Custom trigger that would trigger a transition into a different state. Below is two examples.
- The first example displaying State A having a two way transition connection with State B and State C.
- The second example displays having State A having an entry transition into State B and State C, with the latter states calling a Custom trigger that fires the event in the transition for "Any State" to State A.
The Trigger is working, and I'm able to enter into State A, however, the previous state remains active as well.
Below is a partial example Use Case:
- An actor could be "Grabbed" at any time. So once said actor is Grabbed, I would like to transition the actor into the Grabbed state via a Custom Trigger. This happens, but the previous state remains active as well.
It would be nice to have an option that either:
- Force exit the current state when entering another state via "Any State"
- Having a unit that's explicitly for transitioning into another state that might not be connected via a transition, essentially, transitioning between detached network of states.
Customer support service by UserEcho