+4
Planned
Lazlo Bonin (Lead Developer) 1 month ago • updated by JasonJonesLASM 1 week ago 5

Add a manual section for using Bolt from script:

• Using variables
  • Triggering custom events
  • Creating custom units
  • Creating custom events

Hello!

I know this may take some time to have a full documented API. But is there a way to get some basic pointers on how to create your own Custom Events and Custom Units? Any basic idea on how to start and proceed would be very nice, since I do really want to see how can I create these.

Cheers,

Hi Italo! Welcome to the community :) 

It's really not that long for me to write that section (a few hours) and it *will* be coming soon, it's just that there are many other requests and priorities in the pipeline since Bolt released very recently. 

In the mean time, you can create your own custom units directly from visual scripting by creating Super Units. More documentation on these here: http://support.ludiq.io/topics/154-super-units/

Hello! Can I create my own units/transitions/states via C# code?

yes, the API Documentation will be coming. As far as units go all classes auto convert to units. For instance, create a class, get new My class instance and expose, and others become available. Create a declared variable, and two nodes are available for input, output. Create a function and any parameters become inputs. If you use a return type or out parameter you get outputs on that functions node.

You can create everything in script forrm to actually build native type units, but is a bit confusing how it all plays together, until the API Docs are available. I've tried hah